<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7435408608193490157?origin\x3dhttp://mytaintedsunrise.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Girl On Queen Street


Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Family Affairs




`__I'm far from lonely, but it's all that I've got//

So on the 20th was Hari Raya Haji. A day of sacrifices.
Baju kurong for me, what they call a pirated malay.














Family; my escape from explanations, because here, everything is self-explanatory.

So that night, everyone went home early to do last minute packing actually start packing for our Melaka trip the very next day.
Excited? Maybe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The family trip to Melaka on the 21st started with a 5 hour bus ride from Beach Road, all the way to Mahkota Hotel, Melaka. Of course, this being my first time taking a bus there, the 'jakon-ness' kicked in the moment we got on. But the pictures pretty much sums it.






Then we had to get off at the checkpoint. That's when the parents told us to use the toilet, cause 5 hours of no pee is no joke. Stubborn as we are, we did this instead.




The price I had to pay for that? I felt the wrecking urge to pee, when we were at our 2nd hour on the road. Torture, I tell you. Sleep was my best option, at the same time praying that I wouldn't end up dreaming of a toilet, and end up wetting my pants, and the seat.

Heaven was "through the door, straight ahead, then take a left, then a right at the corner" says the receptionist, when asked where the toilet was. After much relieving, the cameras came out.




I realised that there wasn't many pictures taken. Well, to be honest, there isn't much to capture. Nothing much has changed in 6/7 years, except a Mosque in the distance, oh and a highway which we had to cross to get to the nearest shopping mall. Yes. A highway. How many of you have crossed a highway before? If you consider one way one highway, then I've crossed TWO highways(bangga uhh).

Anyway, throughout the trip, I've had my share of ups and downs, downs being the severe constipation that made me feel and look sick. Plus, I couldn't hold my pee in very long. And the toilets were yucky. So you go figure, yah.



Nonetheless, I still had fun. Family cures it all. And the camera, too.



And the last time we were here, I don't think these two even remember a thing. Still tiny, needing their parents to pick out clothes for them, I say, time sure flies. So don't be eager to grow up too quickly, okay you two?



Parents call them the Bopsy Twins.


So on our last night there, we had dinner at Kenny Roger's. I think that's the only reason why we actually come here. For Kenny's muffins. Heeeee. Then the food came late.








Irritant. Had to have him in the picture, even if it meant his arm. Pfft.



Yes, I love you. Now let go.



The next day, we had a very early breakfast, then off for our last swim.
Then back home baby!!

And I guess by now you'd know who I'd be captured on the phone with.




So that's it, I suppose. A very quick trip. But a very memorable one. Memorable enough to know that we're never coming here again. Heeeeee.



1:28 AM